What’s best is that based on your policy conditions, you will receive coverage for:
- Cashless treatment: When you possess insurance, you become eligible for cashless treatments at one of the various hospital networks your insurer has collaborated with.
- Pre & post hospitalization cost coverage: Health insurance policies provide coverage for pre & post hospitalization expenses for a specific number of days. Learn that the number of days covered depends on the type of plan purchased. ?
- Ambulance expenses: One of the benefits of having health insurance by side is that it covers you for ambulance expenses incurred on the transportation of insured. Thus, the need for arranging a vehicle during an emergency situation gets eliminated.
- No Claim Bonus: No claim bonus or NCB is a health insurance element paid to the insurer if he or she does not file any claim for any treatment in a previous year.
- Medical Checkup: When you choose health insurance, as per your plan type, you become eligible for health checkups. Note that free health checkups are also provided by some insurers on the basis of your previous NCBs.
- Room rent: Most insurance policies provide coverage for hospital room expenses based on the premium paid by the insured individual.
- Daily hospital cash allowance: This daily cash allowance feature is one of the hidden benefits of health insurance (if featured in the policy) that lets you take care of your additional expenses like food, travel and others during hospitalization.
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits of health insurance, you may be eligible to avail benefits such as dental treatment, bariatric surgery, attendance allowance and others. However, note that you will be able to benefit from these specific features if only your policy covers them.